Monday, August 22, 2011

Just Call Me Martha

Clearly I am not so much a summer-blogger but as school is starting in my area again I am ready to get serious about my blogging again.

This is Laura, we have discussed Laura before she is a good friend but she has a big problem, you see Laura's tummy does not care for basil (and she will tell you all about it.) So Laura this recipe is not for you,

I call this Pesto-cheta, (inspired by bruschetta) and i created it in my kitchen when I was in desperate need of a tasty-flavorful treat.

So here is the recipe and the low down on how to make it.


Start with a yummy loaf of bread, I prefer wheat bread but you can use whatever you like.

Go ahead and slice the loaf down the middle, and shmear on a light layer of butter. (please note my heart shaped cake pan, come to my house and I will make you a heart shaped cake.)

Find your favorite pesto sauce (or you could make your own if you are really motivated... me not that motivated, I buy mine at Food Lion.) Take a big spoonful of the pesto and shmear it on each slice.

Next layer on whatever type of Italian type cheese you like best, put a thin layer on each slice of bread.

Last step, pop the whole thing into the oven under the broiler for about 3-4 minutes depending on how toasted you like it. (I like my cheese and bread really toasted so you might think it is a little burnt but trust me it was delicious.)

WHAT A WONDERFUL TREAT!!!!!

Bethany Side Note of the Day: Bethany is a really good cook, our grandmother taught her how to make lots of yummy stuff.... me I was always in trouble so I got to learn how to mow the lawn... I can mow a mean lawn but she knows how to make Fried Apples Pies






2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I too was the misbehaving grandchild that was too impatient to be taught Grandma's secrets in the kitchen. Think Bethany can email me her recipe for the fried apple pies?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butttt I don't like pesto. Make me plain cheesy toast in your heart shaped pan? Yes? Yessss. :)

    ReplyDelete