Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy 8th Anniversary

Now that we are staring down our 8th anniversary I have realized some things about what our marriage is all about, things that are special to just us. It is easy to think that when you have a perfect wedding the the marriage that follow is going to be a perfect thing. But we didn't have a perfect wedding, of the many things our paster didn't do, saying you may kiss the bride is not high on the list... the good Rev. forgot to say it.

Patrick and my's marriage is a living thing, it changes, grows, and evolves to whatever we are doing in our lives to fit the circumstances. Sometimes it is up, sometimes it is downish, but it is never out. I saw a book once titled "How To Fight For Your Marriage" and I thought that is the best idea for a book. You might love your spouse without questions but that doesn't mean you don't enjoy a night at home alone watching "your shows"

My favorite part of the day is after everything else is done, Patrick and I lay in bed and hold hand while we fall asleep, this is when I know what we have is perfect (for us.) Every couple has it own little things, and this is one of ours. Over the years I would say that we have learned to love each other and care for each other in a way that might not have been possible when we first got married.

To Patrick I say--- Thank you for all the times you listen to me, and thanks you for being my favorite person everyday.

Here are some of my favorite memories of our years together.
Newly Engaged that day
First and last time skating
Merry Christmas from NYC
How Bout Them 'Neers
Happy New Year 2009.. It is really cold
Love that beach hair
Cornhole Team Rockstars

Never walk alone... We practice the buddy 





1 comment:

  1. You and Patrick have an amazing marriage. You're lucky and i love you both!!! <3

    ReplyDelete