Sunday, September 9, 2012

MTV's VMA's ...Virtually Miserable Awards

Well as usual the MTV's Video Music Awards had some highs and lows. I have divided some of what happened during the show into several categories. These categories shall be: AWESOME-SAUCE, I don't get it? But I Am Willing To Try, and Crap I am too old for this.
**I need to forewarn all my faithful readers, that I will be turning 30 next week. Obviously this is a issue that we will get into later, so there is a chance that I am not as young and hip as I used to be.**

AWESOME-SAUCE
  • In my opinion the first real highlight of the show was the  Andy Samburg/Rashida Jones combo. That is mainly personally since I love love love them..... (cough cough Parks and Rec is my fav show/ Hot Rod is my fav movie cough cough)

 

  •  There is no world where I normally listen to One Direction, but since I was raised during the heyday of New Kids before they were NKOTB and came of age loving Backstreet Boys and N'SYNC. I honestly have a boy band soft spot. That being said their song is really catchy and fun to sing along with.
  • I have been listening to Green Day since I was in middle school and it makes me sad how old they look now. I have loved their music for 15 years but seriously dudes stop the drugs.
  • THE FAB FIVE!!! THE FAB FIVE!!!! There are awesome and trust me awesome readers you will be hearing more about how much I love them later.
I Don't Get It (But I Am Willing To Try)
  • Frank Ocean-He is clearly one of the most inspiring artists performing right now, but whatever the song was the he performed was one of the most boring experiences of my entire life. He seems like a nice guy, I like his message but geez could you pick a slower, less energy song. #Yawn
  • Alicia Keys/Nikki Minji, ok MTV I will play your little game I am not usually a huge fan but you 1000% redeemed yourself by adding my girl Gabby to your little ditty.
Crap I am Too Old For This
  • Rihanna just might be the worst singer to become popular in years. I have long held a theory that some singers are continually popular because they are interesting and pretty and not at all based on talent level. Rihanna has a gift for consistently proving my little theory correct.  She legit can not sing and I wish I could convince the rest of society to turn her off, stop listening, and more importantly vote her back to her island which she could actually buy.
 
  • Lil Wayne!!!!! What the heck man, seems like there are some occasions when it is rude to be listening to your iPod with headphones. I would consider one of those occasions when you are actually on stage accepting a award with your buddy. I don't care who you are, but I do know that his mother would not be very proud of that behavior.
  • Lil Wayne (cont) and 2 Chains... ok I have so many problems with this whole situation. 
    • 2 Chains??? Um is that a name? Is this really happening right now?
    • Why does MTV let these grown-up-juvinile-deliquents curse so much on TV. 
    • Do you think these rappers hired stylists to help them pick out their "good boxers" since they fully intend for the entire world to see them?
     
  •  Taylor Swift, 2 things. 
  1. I am not sure if the message of your song "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is clear. I guess it wouldn't hurt to write a follow up song called "For Real We Are Broken Up"
  2. I absolutely never ever ever ever ever ever want to listen to that song. Sadly for Taylor the only part of the show that I couldn't watch was her little ditty.
I believe the real star of the night was ....... drumroll please......................
THE COMMERCIALS 
I went back and counted. By my unofficial numbers there were 82 commercials during the 2 hour show. If you average 45 second per commercials that is 61 1/2 minutes of commercials which is officially more then half the show.

My overall impression and review of the show: It was horrible, I suffered through it the first time and I couldn't wait to delete it off my DVR. If you had to watch the show with commericals you deserve some kind of a metal. Don't waste your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment