Thursday, October 13, 2011

Some Serious Business then lets get GEEKY!

1. OK first things first. I would like everybody to take some time to send a little love to my blogger-friend (and real friend) Nicole. She and her family are going through a horrible time and could use a whole lot of love and support.

It is not really my place to talk about what her family is going through online,  I am sure she will share that with the world when she is ready. But please if you have even read her blog, send her a quick note of support.

2. Babies are everywhere update: I blogged just a few days ago about all my friends that are having babies. I am so happy to update everybody that Jessica (my twinsie) will be having a BOY! (she is very excited and her husband is pumped about camo everything.

Alison my former roommate is going to be having a GIRL!! Baby C. as she will be known on my blog will be joining a brother and will need to compensate with many tu-tus and plenty of bows.

Congrats to All

GEEK TIME

My friend Megan sent me a excellent text recently that has perhaps distracted me from many serious issues in life, it read "hey just found the neatest thing and I though you would appriciate it... a friend gave me a magazine and in it was a star trek pizza cutter!! they also make the enterprise in a bottle opener too." If you know a little bit about me, you know that this text pretty much brought my entire day to a stop. What can I say... I LOVE STAR TREK!!!!

I blame my mother, she has been a Trekkie as long as I can remember. She read the books, had the calenders, bought the Hallmark Christmas oriniments, watched every episode, and exposed her children to the joys of Star Trek as well. For a while... a long while I resisted (even though resistant was clearly futile) and I attempted to hold out but eventually like Picard to Guinan I was hooked.

I can't get enough, I watch them all Star Trek, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, the moives. (It is really sick.) There are some real life truths that you can learn by watching Star Trek religously.
  • There are some problems that not even Scotty can beam you out of (occasionally engienierring is on the fritz and you might be stuck on a hostile planet for who nows how long)
  •  Never trust somebody you don't know that well. They could bring any number of real problems aboard your vessile.
  • Have faith in young people, they even let young Wesley Crusher drive the ship every once in a while.
  •  Many, many problems, can be solved by sitting down and having your self a nice cup of Earl Gray.
  • If it seems too good to be true it probably is, nothing on the holideck is real and it could be out to get you.
  • Don't touch things that are sticky, and especially beware of goo while dealing with system controls.
  • No matter what you put on sometimes you won't fit in, just ask Worf, there is no reason he should be going on missions where he goes back in time... they are just going to make fun of him. 
  •  Its always good to have a buddy or a #1.
I could go on forever about this, you I wouldn't be surprised if this is not the first Star Trek dedicated blog ever. I promise I am a decent person, but I am a TOTAL STAR TREK GEEK.

For those who might be interested, this is the link of the magazine... http://www.thinkgeek.com/

Bethany Side-Note of the Day: Bethany absolutely hates, hates, hates Star Trek but since resistance is futile I know she will eventually come around.


3 comments:

  1. I had no idea whoopie goldberg was on Star Trek. Is that whoopie? Whatever, you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not be prouder.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoopie showed up every now and then in The Next Generation as a bartender... everyone knows that just like everyone knows Kristin cant cook

    ReplyDelete