Monday, April 25, 2011

My Battle At The Gym

This is my new nemesis. Lets call him Ed, (short for trEaDmill) I met him at the gym... I hate him!

Now I would never consider myself a good gym patron. Lets get honest and count my flaws:
  1. I talk on the phone on the treadmill 
  2. I have been known to break out into songs from my Ipod 
  3. I will stay on longer just to see how CSI/Law & Order/etc ends
  4. I don't like talking to people there.
I try to be a Gold's Gym regular like 3 times a week. The goal now is to get in awesome shape for summer at the beach with my friends. However the real problem is I have 0 self control when it comes to food. I really like eating yummy food and I could eat as much as possible. In leu of the 0 self controls fact I am trying to clean up what I eat to make it as healthy as possible, limiting my portions, and I have started eating my large meal of the day for lunch. (I hope the people I work with don't think I am a fattie) What I really have to figure out is how to make me want healthy food. (I know how to make it I just don't want to, is that bad.) So a little help is necessary, if you have suggestions please let me know.)

Side-note: I have been attempting to talk up my blog to just about everybody I know and one of the many people I have talked to was my sister. She said that she does like blogs and that she won't read it. So I promised her that I would talk about her daily until she in on board. So with that being said this is Bethany she likes to cheese it up for the camera and until she starts reading my blog regularly and leaving positive comments you will all learn a lot about her.

6 comments:

  1. What about me??? I think I've figured out the blog thing...working on my first post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get credit for getting both you and Michelle into blogging.

    Also, it takes every ounce of self control for me NOT to sing when I'm on the treadmill at work.

    And, you're gorgeous...just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for going to the gym! I'm 1) lazy and 2) broke. I lay around getting more and more jiggly in all the wrong places lol.

    Meesh I'll do a bloggy shout out for you (and all the other VA girlies) when we come down in a few weeks ;)

    Jess you can take credit for getting me into blogging too. You are just so cool I NEEDED to be like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great ploy in getting your sister to read your blog! Fantastic marketing tool (SHAME)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Just started reading, and I really like what you are saying so far. I know, the gym is a pain. We have been going pretty regularly since October but our gym is starting to get super crowded and I can't even get on an elliptical. But still, it helps that we push each other to go and normally one of us isn't being a couch potato. If we both are, we are in trouble.

    I know exactly what you mean about food too. I'm always hungry. I always want chocolate & cheese. Why or why can't I have these two things all of the time? Since our whole "fitness" life change, I have minimized my portion size and also attempted NOT to keep up with my hubby. (I find joy in eating more than others.) We cook a lot of food from Cookinglight.com, which is sometimes a chore because the hubby is a picky eater. I also drink a lot of water and no more soda. It's hard but with some time, I've gotten used to some new habits and am happy with the way I look. I haven't looked this way since freshman year in college I think.

    Good luck! And happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited so many people liked my post... I felt like a cyber-celeb today... Meesh can't wait to read you blog... it is next on my list

    ReplyDelete