Saturday, December 29, 2012

Recipe of the Week

In my every effort to be the best possible housewife on the block a couple of months ago I decided to start trying some new recipes. I have a ton of cookbooks and I hit them up from time to time but since Pintrest came into my life I have such a convenient new way to find new fun yummy treats. So let me give you a quick rundown of the highlights.

The goal has been to try one new recipe per week. And Patrick has been a pretty good sport about the whole thing. To be honest Patrick is kinda a picky eater. He calls himself a "texture eater" and they are lots of textures he doesn't like.. ex: mushrooms, most of vegetables. So you can see this has been quite a challenge for him.

Things that were good:

Taste like Lasagna Soup- This is a knock off a Paula Dean recipe and it is totally delish. The first time I made it I followed the recipe as written, but the next couple of times I made it with ground turkey and it was still totally banging.

Overnight-Crockpot French Toast Casserole- I made this for a staff breakfast at work. It is a super yummy filling breakfast.
Crockpot Chicken Tacos- This was freaking awesome. Really simple and quick and totally yummy.

Things that were bad:


Crock-Pot Chicken Cordon Blue- I have a feeling that this recipe would have been really yummy... except I burned the tar out of it. I believe it should have been cooked about 4 hours in the crockpot. I left it in about 9... While I would classify it as still edible... I cooked a frozen pizza for Patrick that night.

Baked Apple Pies- Not a bad idea and it didn't even taste bad. The problem was it was tricky to eat so tricky it really isn't worth making. Save your time chasing a baked apple around your plate and just cook baked apples into pie form

2 comments: