Monday, September 26, 2011

Everyday I'm Shuffling....The CHANNELS

So it is that special time of year again, there is a crispness in the air, people are making pumpkin everything, kids are already tired of school, but most importantly the new TV shows are officially back on. You see as opposed to most of my friends, I am neither getting married (already done that) or pregnant so since I am not planning anything and have plenty of free time on my hands. I have time to watch TV.

I consider myself TV-Structure-Free, Patrick bought me a DVR a while back so I no longer feel constrained by the rigid rules set by networks. I watch TV on my own time and I haven't seen a real commercial since the last Super Bowl (GO PACK GO). So what have I been watching this past week with all the new options:

Some things never change, I am addicted to GLEE! So clearly I watched the new season and I was thrilled the they did, "You Can't Stop The Beat" from Hairspray. I sang along, Patrick shook his head.












I watched the New Girl... I thought it was funny I can admire a show where she gets to make up her own theme song.

Parks and Rec and The Office were especially funny to start out the new season. I was pulling for James Spader all along to replace Micheal Scott (If Micheal Scott had to go and all) and the part where they were planking and Dwight was breaking it up made me nearly cry.



I have been watching the incredibly trashy Desperate Housewives since the first episode, so I am clearly sad to see the last season start. But of course I will watch. It was good, Patrick hated it. (Years ago I made my roommate Alison watch it, she hated it too... 8 years later, I still love it.)


(Does Alison look like she likes this kind of trashy TV... let me make sure the facts are straight, she grew up without TV and doesn't care for trashy TV now.)

I watched PamAM, it seemed good but I was a little confused by it. I am not so sure if I can follow that much.
I watched Revenge, seems weird and I am not sure if I will hang around to see what happens.

Clearly I have been busy (lame but busy)

Bethany Side-Note of the Day: Bethany bailed on me for dinner this past weekend because she had a big surprise with her BF for her birthday... I don't know what she was up to, but I was sad she couldn't make it.... I can think of a good way to make it up to me.... READ MY BLOG




4 comments:

  1. You sure have been busy it seems. I hardly recognise any of the shows but at least now I have a review and know what to watch and what not to if they make it to Denmark. YES I read your blog - if Bethany is standing you up, at least you know your host sis isn't. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fall for so many reasons and season premiers is one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see the show Up All Night? I want to watch it but we don't have cable and it's not online --- boo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for the Office and Parks and Rec! Swivel chairrrr.

    ReplyDelete