Monday, September 12, 2011

Funday Sunday

Well this is going to be a busy week. But so far it is starting off great. Yesterday Patrick and I both had the day off so we decided to make it awesome. So what where we crazy kids up to on a beautiful day.



We went for lunch with Patrick family, it was super fun. I had the Cajun Shrimp Pasta. It wasn't exactly what I thought it would be but I thought it was very tasty. This is B-day week for me so I am hoping to eat a lot of yummy food, this was a great way to start.
 

Then we went to play a round of golf. When it comes to golf I see the entire day as a success if I walk off the course with more golf balls then I brought with me... AKA I like it when I find random golf balls and I take them. Plus I am quite frankly a TERRIBLE GOLFER, I am not exaggerating. I am horrible. And to make matters worse I think it is kinda funny how terrible I am. Don't get me wrong, I would like to be a good golfer, and I would like maybe even take some lessons to improve my game. 

Just like Tiger,  I need to improve my short game (putting.) Unlike Tiger I also need to improve my long game (drives), mid-game (whatever that is called), and everything in between. So I have taken some small steps to improve my golf game. 
  • I bought hot pink golf balls... they are easy to spot when I accidentally end up in the rough, trees, tall grass, creek, various other places you are not supposed to play golf. (I accidentally hit the golf cart... hahahahah)
  • I got some encouragement from my good friends... the ducks... clearly I was focused on playing golf.
  • I brought along a Arnold Palmer (half sweet tea, half lemonade.) If you spend some time around me you will know that I have alot of theories one is that you are either from a sweet tea family or you are not... I am not, but Patrick is, that boy can drink A LOT of sweet tea. I can't stand the stuff with 1 major exception.... I have a soft spot in my heart for Arnold Palmer's, so I figured bringing along a drink named after a golf great could only make me a better golfer.
  
Overall it was a awesome day!!!!!!!!

Bethany Side-Note of the Day: I wish Bethany would read my blog already, that would be a great... and free birthday gift.

2 comments:

  1. I've only ever made it to the chip and putt. I have zero golf etique. For example: One should not show up to the green wearing jeans and their DC comic t-shirt and one should not scream "AH AH BITCHES!!!" and throw their club on the ground when they make par. Needless to say I was never invited to chip and putt again lol.

    P.S. Happy Birthday Week My Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate golf but I love you.
    PS, can't wait to see you againnnn tonight- haha Patrick! ;)

    ReplyDelete