Monday, August 6, 2012

Enter The Dragon

So as usual I have not blogged in well about forever, and I am not going to  make exuses because my "where I have been" excues are all old and used. I have been busy, and lazy, and overall unmotivated to blog. Sorry :-(.

However I have done some kinda interesting things, here's a Top 5 of how I have been spending my time.

  1. I went to NYC with my husband and in-laws to see Newsies on Broadway. It was awesome, maybe within the next several months I will post a blog with pics from our trip.
  2. I broke down and did the adult thing by buying a $19.00 can opener... go ahead and tell me I over paid but the last 6!!! can openers I bought were $3.00 at Food Lion. Clearly I needed to just spend the money and buy something that would hold up.
  3. I developed a dependency on Olympics coverage. With a little luck NBC will have some sort of program to help me cut the cord after it is over.
  4. I got to spend a special day with my best friend from high school and her kids. She lives all the way in Alaska now so it is a pretty big deal when she is "in town"... super special day for sure.
  5. We got a new little friend that hangs out at the house... AKA a new cat and that is what this post is about.


Let me introduce you to the newest member of our family. Dragon (or Rain that was his name with his first family). We adopted him from one of Patrick's friends who just had a baby and needed to find a good home for him. So we took him in. What we thought we got was a very shy cat that would spend a lot of time hiding especially since we have two other pets in the house. And that is exactly how things started. Poor little Dragon was so scared he hid in different corners for days. Everytime Patrick and I would come home we would scan different rooms in a effort to find him and try to convince him to eat anything. In fact these days are how little Dragon got his new name.

Dragon was hidden for so long I started to compare him to a dragon under the stairs. You know he is there somewhere you just never see him.

Meanwhile Dragon eventualy got over his shyness and now he is everywhere (when the dog is in her crate that is) But when the dog is way Dragon is constantly with us, on  top of us, walking over us, meowing at us. Basically he is our new best friend for ever. He is very sweet and while at first I was nervous that we were turning into that "crazy cat couple" I really like him around... Don't get me wrong, we are done taking on animals because I don't want to be those crazy people. 


So now you have the brief sum-up. Much more to come.... maybe???

Bethany Fun Fact of the Day: She is a really good artist and I suck. When we were in school she used to make fun of me and my mad skills...alot

1 comment: