Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kristin/Patrick and the In-Law in the City Pt 2

I promised you a multiple blog series about our trip to New York, since I am not in the business to disappoint here you are.......

Once we got off the train and into the city we had a pretty easy time finding our hotel and getting settled, since we had a couple of hours we decided we would walk up from our hotel in Chelsea and grab some dinner, tool around Times Square for a while and find our way to the theatre right off Broadway... that was the plan and to be fair we started off right, we stumbled upon a cool looking Irish Pub (seeing as though I married a Patrick and my in-laws just got back from Ireland last year this definately appealed to us) The restaurant was great, I had a Reuben because I have a soft spot for New York Reubens (I am well aware of the fact that if I keep eating them, that soft spot is where I will likely have a heart attack, but one sandwich will not be the death of me right)


While we were eating our yummy food minding our own business outside was a absolute downpour. Rainstorms are a little different when you are in a city and you are walking. I would say the word "pandemonium" would be actuate to describe what was happening on the streets. People were running into stores and bars just trying to get out of the rain. But we were prepared so we donned our ponchos and hit the streets.


We walked around for a bit and hit some stores mainly Toys R Us Times Square. If you haven't been there it is a real treat, they have everything, EVERYTHING.  Like.....
Barbies

Dinosaurs

and a Ferris Wheel!!!!!!!! I mean lets be real, that is just awesome.

Finally it was time to go to the show and since you are not allowed to take pictures inside the theatre I have no pictures but, the show was amazing. As somebody who is the employer at work it seems so very "anti-establishment" for me to go a show about a newspaper boy strike at the turn of the 20th century. I did a little bit of research before we left for NYC and I learned that the strike really did happen and helped lead to the establishment of child labor laws in the state of New York. (that is your tidbit of knowledge for today)

The singing was phenomenal, the dancing was out of this world. It was just great 100% worth the trip to the city. If you have the opportunity to go, do it, don't hesitate and buy the ticket immediately.

All in all.... Newsies was great!!!!!!!!!!

Next up in the thrilling conclusion of our trip to NYC: Free day in the city and I bet you will be a bit surprised where Patrick and I ended up.

2 comments:

  1. Stop talking about how awesome it was and making me jealous. Note to self: go to NYC Toys R Us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we will go to Toys R US when we go to NYC soon... like next year (summer long weekend... cough cough) soon

      Delete