Sunday, February 10, 2013

Break-Out-The-Defib-Cake

I need to first explain that while it appears my blog is turning into a "food blog" I will be addressing that and posting about other "non food related things" quite soon.... on with the post

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

My dear husband, after a bit of barginning has agreed to buy me a pricey ticket to see PAULA DEAN this fall for my birthday and I for one could not be more excited!!!!!

So in honor of Mrs D I whipped up one of her recipes for my hubby that I saw on Food Network this weekend.... PEANUT-BUTTER VOLCANO CAKE

 Step 1 was get everything prepped.... preheated oven to 350 and chop up several cups of peanut butter cups... (are you excited yet?).. then I greased a pan and lined the bottom with roasted peanuts.

 Next up mixed plain white cake mix with 3 cups milk and blended until it was thick and add the peanut butter cups... pour the whole beautiful concoction over the peanuts.
 In another bowl mix 1 stick of butter with 1 package of cream cheese and half a cup of peanut butter and half a cup of confectioners sugar. and spead dollops of the cream cheese mix around the top of the cake batter.... THIS IS NOT HEALTHY AT ALL!!!!!! Then you pop the whole thing in the oven for 50 minutes

 While it was baking I had to lick the spoon... all this sugar was too tempting... Even little Flower-Power got it on the spoon-licking action.

 The finished product out of the oven... smelled too yummy. While it was cooking I made a glaze out of another WHOLE stick of butter, milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla.
 
 This is an action pic of Pat pouring it on the cake... and this is what the whole completed cake looked like.

This was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten... and you can find the recipe on the Food TV website.... It comes highly recommended.

2 comments: