Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Make Mine Corn Cakes

Seriously thought I posted this yesterday.... but I didn't... here you go anyway ENJOY!!!

Well, I am not going to lie to you, you faithful readers should be glad you are getting much of anything out of me today. This week has been straight CRAZY! Between work, various house issues, making a quick trip to Pittsburgh and back, Super Bowl shinangians, and running a training at my job this week I barely got a chance to cook anything. But here goes nothing.

Confession first, I kinda cheated but I still baked it and I make my corn muffins alot more interesting then they would have normally been.

Corn-bread muffins.... with spice
  • I don't know anything about making corn muffins so I bought a premade mix and followed the directions to mix... I made 8 normal nothing fancy muffins.
  • Next batch I got a little fancy and I mixed in some bacon and cheese... topped each muffin with some extra cheese and popped those babies in the oven.
  • Batch 3: I got a little spicy and chopped up some jalapeno pepper bits and tossed it into the batter and baked it up.
They were all totally delicous and super yummy with our super bowl chili!!!!!


PS--- We were Team Beyonce and we definately did not lose

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Chili sounds like the perfect match to these! Now make me some with bacon, cheese, AND jalapeno!

    ReplyDelete