Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Best Dinner Ever

I need to start this post with a giant apology. I have no pictures to accompany this to show you how awesome this dinner really was.

I had Tuesday off from work and while normally I would use a great day off to lay around, tan and catch up on trashy reality shows... (DVR is a lifesaver, it really takes the pressure off me trying to watch all these shows on my own.) I didn't do much of that on Tuesday

I figured out a couple of years ago that if I spend a day off wearing sweatpants I will accomplish nothing, I will be tempted to continue to wear them. But if I put on some jeans and a real shirt I am about to get motivated. So clearly I put on some jeans and a t-shirt and I got cracking.

Once I was in my "accomplish stuff clothes" I fought a all out war with dog and cat hair in my house. AND I WON! I vacuumed and dusted a lot.

While all of this crazy cleaning was going on I was cooking. I have a crock pot and if you don't have one...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU NEED ONE IMMEDIATELY!!... I was roasting a pork shoulder.

Instructions: Open pork shoulder and put into crock pot (preferably on a grate)
                    Add some water
                    Add salt and pepper
                    Cook until the house smells great
                    Shred up the pork when it is done and add BBQ sauce

When Patrick got home from work and was cleaning up I whipped up his favorite side dish homemade baked mac and cheese

Instructions: Cook macaroni until it is tender and put in a baking dish
                    Chuck a certain soft processed cheese up
                    Put a bunch of chucks of cheese in with the macaroni and add some milk
                    Stir and put in oven for 20 minutes
                   After 20 minutes remove from over and stir the cheese sauce until it is smooth
                   Top with some cheddar or some other type of cheese and add some pepper
                   Put it back in the oven until it is bubbly

Ok this was so good I created a drink to accompany this great food and I named it a Sweet Tequila!

Instructions: Half a glass of sweet tea
                    Top with sweet and sour mix
                    Splash of Tequila!

Nothing like some great food to make for a wonderful evening, sorry about no pictures, but maybe next time.

Bethany side note of the day: Since I neglected to add a Bethany side note of the day in my last post I am sure that many of you thought for a quick second that Bethany finally caved and started reading my blog. I wish I could say this happened, but alas no it just slipped my mind. Due to the oversight I will give you 2 Bethany notes today.. Enjoy

1. Bethany also loves to eat starch... potatoes of any type and rice-a-roni are pretty much her favorite foods.

2. Bethany never ever goes anywhere without a water bottle



                     

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all kinds of potatoes (french fries are my #1) AND homemade mac&cheese! I'm all about a homemade dinner. I use to cook a romantic dinner every now and then and pull out my good china just to use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love potatoes. LOVE. And your dinner sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete