Friday, May 13, 2011

This is how I waste my time

Its confession time. While some people might condemn my views but I really enjoy staying home and watching some TV with my husband, I would say that we are homebodies. Don't get me wrong between work and everything else we have going on we are out of the house a lot, but when we are home we definately have some preferred shows and I hope that you don't judge me when I tell you what kind of terrible television that I am watching and in a lot of cases forcing Patrick to watch too.

This might seem like a watch a TON of TV, but I have DVR so I don't feel burdened by television anymore. Television comes to me on my time and I am not sure when I last saw a commercial.  Patrick mocks me because I seriously have the DVR set to record some shows (cough cough Real Housewives or Anywhere) in the middle of the night because I am recording other things during prime time hours. So here goes.

I already confessed about The Real Housewives, the truth is I would probably watch the Real Housewives of Palmyra VA (my hometown) if it was on. But I am really hooked on most things that come on Bravo I think their motto should be "the other channel for women". I watch them all Top Chef, Rachel Zoe, Millionaire Matchmaker, etc ...... exception to this rule Tabatha's Salon Takeover (I mean really, that is just too much for me.)

Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant, I hang my head in shame on this one. I hate to admit that I am one of those terrible people who watch these young girls turn into train wrecks and ruin their lives. But it is darn good TV.  Don't write me off just yet, because I am totally pulling for these girls, I loved Leah and Corey and I was sad they couldn't make it. I have developed a theory though, perhaps these girls could use slightly more therapy then Dr. Drew can provide in a 2 hour end of the season special.

I am a serious Glee-k. If you are not watching Glee yet.... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! The music is great, Sue is fun, the kids seem fun to hang out with, Stixs is obviously the Olive Garden and everybody loves the Olive Garden, and Brittany has a great twitter account. The show is great. My boss gets so tired of my singing Glee songs from my Ipad it is crazy.

I watch How I Meet Your Mother, Barney is hilarious. I have been watching Desperate Housewives for years I probably won't stop now, I have too much invested.

The Office is wonderful, sometimes when I am at work I like to think about what Michael Scott with do with a problem, (then I do the exact opposite.)  It was a sad day when he left but Dwight is so funny I will always watch.

Then there are a bunch of shows that I started watching because Patrick likes them and now I am hooked. Top Gear, this show is great, it is on BBC America. I know nothing about cars, but I can tell a good joke when I hear it and the hosts are always torturing each other... so funny. Swamp People, I would have never guessed that that is could be on television, clearly this show is not for the clever and complicated people out there but it is awesome. I secretly want to be on Swamp People, I would hope if I ever made an appearance that the producers would subtitle me back to Cajun so that all the locals would eventually understand me.

This guy makes overall cool again!
While you are out watching all this TV you are going to need snacks, I am a pizza fan so if you are going to eat pizza you ought to get it at Mama Mia's (shout out to Romeo and Heather) in Shenandoah, it is delish. If this is a little too far to drive you should get this DiGorno pizza... it rocks.

Well there you have it folks, enjoy!

Bethany side-note the day: I can't believe she still refuses to read my blog, I promise you friends that I really do have sister.

3 comments:

  1. Swamp People for the winnnnnn. And I'm opposite as far as Tabatha and Zoe are concerned. I'll watch Salon Takeover but cannot stand Zoe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Glee! And I love 16 and Preggers and Teen Mom as well. Makes me so happy I wasn't having sex when I was a teen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should watch Modern Family it is great!

    ReplyDelete